Monday, February 21, 2011

Beginnings of the Blog

  HEYLA! I'm Erin.

 Recently I decided to volunteer at the Rainforest at the Topeka Zoo.  Then I decided to blog about the animals, people, and actions going on there. I'll give a rundown of the animals going, coming and all the interactions I can. Note that most of the animals in the Rainforest are free-roaming- which means that there are close-encounters with all kinds of them. 

Here's a list of the animals:
2  Three-Banded Armadillo-  male and female
2 Asian Small-Clawed Otters- male and female- the male is Louis and I can't remember the females yet
1 Fishing Cat-  female- Padme
18 Greater Indian Flying Foxs- Fruit Bats- and no I don't know all their names :)
2 Hoffman's Sloths- male and female name Job and Jackie
1 Reeves Muntjac-  female Mai- She's like Mai from Avatar TLA- she seems very shy until you cross her space
1 Tamandua- Female- Izzy- a sweet girl who loves her food

1 African Grey Parrot- male- he likes the ladies
2 Bali Mynah 1 Bearded Barbet (a really wierd little bird) 2 Blue crowned Mot-Mots (building a nest with the banded armadillos)
2 Chilean Flamingo- one male and one female- always together
1 Hammerkop- female- weird ;
1 Laughing Thrush- Mad Max- a bird that likes meat; he'll hunt down mice and baby birds
2 Scarlet Ibis
2 Scarlet Macaws- both male- Roscue and Dusty (Dusty only as one eye, the other was taken due to inflamation)

No comments:

Post a Comment